Thursday, June 6, 2013

Wedding gift ideas

Some wedding gift ideas


Curly font with circle frame



As June gets going, and schools are closing, vacations are being planned, and life seems to slow down a little, a large number of young (and not so young) men and women are preparing for the walk down the aisle.  With the showers, parties, receptions, and ultimately the wedding, there's always the questions of what to give the happy couple.  You want to give something personal and meaningful so they will remember you, but sometimes that's awfully hard to do.  I've always had a hard time selecting wedding gifts, especially if I don't know one of the pair very well.
Round font with circle frame

We think our custom acrylic monograms will fit the bill.  All the rage in parts of the country right now, these are being used as decorations on front doors, alone, with a fancy ribbon and bow, or nestled inside a seasonal wreath.  Smaller ones are sometimes hung on doors while large ones are going over fireplaces or on a wall.  We have seen them adhered to the fronts of headboards and hanging over dresser mirrors.  Every time I look at Pinterest, I find another way they can be used.  Because of their light weight and durability, they can be used almost anywhere and in some really unique ways.
Monogram font open style

Imagine gifting the newly married couple with "their" new monogram to use in their new home.  When I was a bride, way long ago, I delighted in writing my new name or initials all over everything I owned because I was so proud of it.  I don't imagine that has changed so much over the years.

We currently offer only a few colors, but you can't go wrong with black or white.  Because we do everything in our backyard workshop, if someone has a special request, we can certainly try to find a sheet of acrylic in a special color just for them.


So I've been playing with these acrylic monograms in lots of styles and fonts.  (I even "shrunk" some to make pendants!) There are a lot of other things on our website that would be nice for wedding or shower gifts, like personalized wine bottle stoppers or handcrafted boxes and bowls, but the acrylic is my newest obsession.  Check it out!  Our store.

No comments:

Post a Comment